Comport Data offers pre-production runs up to high volume testing for each ASIC design project, including wafer and package verification using in-house wafer probers and handlers. We can also migrate or develop new test programs for existing products.
In-House Characterization and Production Testing Equipment
- Testers: Mixed signal custom-made testers, designed and built for interfacing to Wafer probers and SMD & DIL handlers.
- Wafer Probers: Electroglass 6" & 8" wafers with hot chuck system and inker.
- Handlers: Multi-sites Exatron handlers for testing of most popular packages.
- Temperature Testing: TestEquity temperature chamber programmable for fast-cycling full military range temperature testing.
- Analytical Probers: Wentworth Labs probing station with Bausch & Lomb Micro-zoom microscope.
- Baking equipment for moisture removal per JEDEC J-STD-033.
- Miscellaneous: Electrical fault detection using Liquid Crystal thermal analysis.
External resources used for failure analysis
- Focused Ion Beam (FIB) system for modifying and analyzing multi-layered IC structures.
- Electrostatic Discharge verification (ESD).
- Photon emission microscopy (PEM) for latchup detection.